LCJ's Diversity and Young Lawyers Committee is launching a new initiative to identify young diverse lawyers from LCJ Member firms and corporations. Each Fellow would serve a three-year term and be given the opportunity to directly contribute to the important work of LCJ. All applicants, regardless of race or gender, are encouraged to apply.
- The ideal Fellow will be at least 4 years into their practice and have a background that lends itself to new and exciting ideas that can contribute to LCJ’s work.
- The LCJ Member firm or corporation must nominate the Fellow and ensure that they receive full support to participate in committee conference calls, LCJ meetings, and research or writing as needed for the duration of the three-year Fellowship.
- Half-off LCJ Membership meeting registration fee for first year of the Fellowship and complimentary reception/dinner on the Wednesday night before each meeting with LCJ Members for all three years of the Fellowship (estimated $550 value per meeting in year 1);
- Mentoring from senior corporate and defense counsel at LCJ Member companies and firms;
- Opportunity to co-present during a panel at LCJ Membership Meetings attended by 80-100 senior corporate and defense counsel along with the other Fellows;
- Chance to develop, write, and advocate for LCJ policy positions;
- Receive regular updates on elections, laws, and proposed rules changes that impact the civil justice system; and
- Networking with LCJ Members from a variety of law firms and corporations at the May and December meetings.
know a young attorney who might qualify?
Please send your nomination via email to Andrea Looney with a statement as to why you are nominating the individual, along with a copy of their bio or resume. Nominations should be submitted no later than March 15, 2019.